Thursday, January 22, 2009

Side Act 11: Acronyms and me a touching story of of love and loss

Have you ever considered the following:

We use acronyms so often in our society that I wonder if you know what all of the following stand for.

CD: That's not my Mandy Moore CD I swear!
DVD: Pride and Prejudice should have a warning label on it's DVD
AIDS: He has AIDS and not the kind that fetch him coffee.
AFK: AFK have to kill roomate.
LOL: Seriously you don't know what lol is rofl
AC: Turn up the AC or the body will start to smell
ATM: I have never in good conscience robbed an ATM
ID: It is not a fake ID the ID is real my age however is quite fake.
PS. Sincerely, Syden Insomniac, P.S. I hate you.
SOS: Sending out an sos, sending out an sos Message in a bottle, ya
Laser: He shot a freaking laser out of his eyes!
Scuba: Sharks are friendly let me show you put on your scuba gear.
Radar: Cop got me with his radar gun.
DNA: Test my DNA to see if I am a monkey or at least adopted.
LED: If I position this LED light just right, yup you look like Satan.

Now for the definitions.
CD compact disc
DVD Digital Versatile Disc
AIDS Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome
AFK away from keyboard
LOL laugh out loud or Rofl roll on the floor laughing
AC air conditioning
ATM automated teller machine
ID identification
PS post script and pss post script script
SOS save our souls
Laser light amplification by the stimulated emission of radiation
Scuba Self-Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus
Radar radio detection and ranging
DNA deoxyribonucleic acid
LED light-emitting diode

Don't feel bad I didn't know them all either

1 comment:

Becky said...

You weren't adopted, but we often told you we found you under a rock.